Sunday, August 14, 2011

Exploring the University of Ghana campus


I start classes tomorrow (Monday). AHH! I can’t believe it. I’m a bit nervous, because everyone’s English here is heavily accented, and I’m afraid I’ll have difficulty understanding the professors’ lectures. Sometimes, I can’t tell whether they’re speaking English or Twi, the language spoken in much of Ghana, including Accra. 
            I registered for 4 psychology classes, one sociology class, and African dance, which I’m super stoked for. The University of Ghana dance department calls the dance class for which I signed up “Obruni dance class,” as many exchange student opt to take it.
          I went around the campus hunting for my classrooms yesterday, and with some friends, stumbled upon the Botanical Gardens on campus. I believe that many of the plants in the Garden are used for research, but I can’t get over how gorgeous the Garden is! I even came across a horse while exploring the garden. Check out this one picture! I have to add the rest in a separate post.  




      -Rachel =]

No comments:

Post a Comment