Sunday, September 18, 2011

Aburi Botanical Gardens and Boti Falls


     This past weekend I traveled with some friends to the Botanical Gardens in Aburi, which is part of the Eastern Region of Ghana. I had been to the gardens once before, but couldn’t stay away from their beauty. It took us 90 minutes to get to the falls, even though some Ghanaians said it would take 30. This happens often, so when they told me 30 minutes, I assumed 60. I have learned to double the amount of time given to me. Perhaps the Ghanaians told me what they thought I wanted to hear.
     My friends and I also traveled to Boti Falls, some waterfalls in the eastern region. They were also gorgeous. We took a hike around the falls, as well. Check out the pictures.   


Here are some pictures from the Gardens: 


Climbing a Tree in the Gardens


Here are some pictures from the Waterfalls:



Clearly we were excited about seeing the falls...






No comments:

Post a Comment